About the Athenaeum Friends
We formed in 2000, at the same time as the Centre reopened. We currently have over 120 members and arrange a variety of fundraising activities, as well as social events and generally help with the smooth running of the Centre.
What do we do for the Athenaeum?
- We help in a number of ways:
- Fundraise for Building Enhancement Projects
- Running the Bar
- Help Supply Volunteers
- Encourage attendance at Shows
- Support the Athenaeum Trustees
How Can You Help?
- Become a member of the Friends first and foremost.
- Join us for our events, support our 100 Club, coffee morning and sales.
- Volunteer your service for ushering, bar and box office.
- Any help is greatly appreciated.
Lunch & Listen
These are held towards the end of each month, except July & August, which are an enjoyable social event with a speaker.
Lunches £21.50 for Members and £13 for Non-Members.
Wemeet at Warminster Conservative Club 11.15am for a talk begining at 11.30am, with Lunch at 12.30.
Coffee Mornings & Table Top Sales
These are usually held on the last Saturday of the month in the Athenaeum Gallery. Join us for a coffee and slice of cake. Why not bring along any good quailty items that we can sell? (sorry, no clothing or electrical items). We also hold a Grand Prize Draw at Christmas.
Monthly prizes and larger prizes in June & December.
For membership information please contact Mrs Pauline Charlesworth – Membership Secretary on 01985 212187