2 hours Cert. PG (UK/USA – 2019)
A fresh, distinctive and fun take on Charles Dickens’ semi-autobiographical masterpiece. The Personal History of David Copperfield, set in the 1840s, chronicles the life of its iconic title character (Dev Patel) as he navigates a chaotic world to find his elusive place within it. From his unhappy childhood to the discovery of his gift as a storyteller and writer, David’s journey is by turns hilarious and tragic, but always full of life, colour and humanity. An all star cast.
Non members tickets £5.50
- Please note; A limited number of guest tickets for films are available in advance online or from the box office. If the advance tickets sell out, more tickets may be available on the door on the day.
The Athenaeum Trust
Revised Covid Measures – 15/11/2021
- To avoid overcrowding, If you do not want Pre theatre drinks, we would ask customers to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the show, otherwise the bar will be open from 30mins before the show starts show.
- Subject to current government guidance there is “NO” socially distanced seating in the auditorium (with the exception of Jeeves & Wooster Show)
- Dedicated exit and entrance routes will be in use to maintain distance where possible
- We would encourage all to keep a safe distance when moving within the building
- Face coverings are no longer legally mandatory, however in light of recent local case rates, we would encourage patrons to wear their mask at all times within the building
- You can use the Track and Trace App, and QR code at the entrance to register your attendance.
- We encourage hand sanitising. Sanitiser stations are available throughout the building