This fine Victorian hall, built in 1879, has a traditional balcony and is an intimate venue for all manner of lectures, films, events, shows, and performances.
It is served with good quality audio and stage lighting facilities, and a wide-screen digital projection system. An in-house technician is available by arrangement.
Backstage it has three dressing rooms, toilet facilities, and rear access to the main road.
The stage area has flats and curtains, as well as a very fine grand piano (by arrangement).
Wheelchair access onto the stage is only possible from the backstage corridor. The auditorium is covered by a loop system for the hard of hearing.
To book The Auditorium leave a message
Auditorium Private Hire
The Auditorium can be hired for private, non-show events such as meetings, rehearsals or other events not open to the public. For shows, please refer to the Theatre hire page.
Monday – Friday
- Our hourly rate . . . . £40
- Four-hour booking . . . £120
Saturday – Sunday
- Our hourly rate . . . . £50
- Four-hour booking . . . £150
Special rates for events, weddings or extended periods can be discussed with the booking secretary
A £50 refundable deposit must be paid in advance for the hire of the Auditorium.
- Stage Plan
- Forestage width – 7400 mm
- Forestage depth – 1240 mm
- Proscenium height – 3610 mm
- Proscenium width – 7150 mm
- Stage height from floor – 630 mm
- Front of stage to screen – 1400 mm
- Wall lighting and ceiling lighting
- Several single sockets
- Cinema/data projection
- 7.1 m wide screen (electric mechanism)
- Excellent blackout for presentations
- Scenery hoists available (by arrangement)
- Microphones available (by arrangement)
- Currently no Wi-fi connectivity in this room