Autumn & Spring Season
There are no upcoming events.
Warminster & District Film Society shows films each month throughout the year. The Society is independent, we chose our own selection of titles, from recent releases to foreign films and take suggestions from our members.
Our year is split into two seasons – The Spring / Summer season runs from March to August. The Autumn / Winter season runs from September to February
By paying a membership fee of £18 each season, all attendance is then free at the door and membership guarantees a seat; there is no need to book, just turn up on the night with your membership card. Members then re-join after the final film of each season.
Non-members can also attend, by buying guest tickets at £5.50* per film.
However, these may be limited due to the capacity of the auditorium. Guest tickets for a film are available at the Athenaeum Box Office and from this website.
Any remaining guest tickets can also be bought on film night.
The Athenaeum, home of the Film Society, has excellent quality equipment; high definition projection and sound, plus a loop system for those who are hard of hearing. The ground floor of the auditorium is accessible to wheelchair users. A lift is available to assist access to the balcony stairs.
The Society is organised by a dedicated committee of members. We are always looking for volunteers to join the committee and help with the running of the Society.
* 50p of the ticket price is donated to the Athenaeum Restoration Fund
1 hours 45 minutes Cert. 12A (UK/France – 2020)
Based on true events, single mother Sally Alexander (Keira Knightley), struggles against sexist attitudes at her London university and is active in a women’s group. Eventually she meets up with Jo Robinson (Jessie Buckley), a radical feminist who lives in a commune. Together, with other like minded women, they hatch a plan to disrupt the 1970 Miss World competition hosted by Bob Hope at the Royal Albert Hall. The result is unexpected and caused a sensation at the time.
Non members tickets £5.50
- Please note; A limited number of guest tickets for films are available in advance online or from the box office. If the advance tickets sell out, more tickets may be available on the door on the day.
- There will be no social distancing in the auditorium, sit where you wish on the night.
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory, and it will be at the discretion of film goers if they wish to wear their mask.
- We will not need to take tracing contact details as we will have your details from your booking.
- We will encourage hand sanitising. Subject to current Government regulations at the time of the film.
- To Become a Member call 01985 219024
- Films are shown on Wednesdays 7.30pm
- The society reserves the right to substitute alternative titles in exceptional circumstances